Last Updated: March 09, 2023
HOME GADGET GUIDES (”Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://homegadgetguides.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- [Other Sources]
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party, or
- any third party, including, but not limited to, through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
There are places at our site where you can share your personal information with us, and where you can communicate with others.
NEWSLETTERS AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS FROM US
Our registered users and customers may receive newsletters, email communications, or communications through other channels for, among other purposes, the promotion and marketing of a product or service from our site and business partners, and we may also offer other visitors to our site the opportunity to sign up to receive such information. When there is a separate sign-up for newsletters, we ask for contact information such as name and email address, and, sometimes, demographic and profile information. By visiting our site, you affirmatively consent to our collection and use of your data. We use this information in the same manner as we use the contact information in the Registration process described above. We may offer our users the choice whether to receive mailings from others that we think will be of interest. Recipients of our mailings can unsubscribe by following instructions that may appear at the end of email communications. Note that in order to keep our registered users informed about the operation of our services, we may send emails and announcements that are needed for the proper functioning and administration of our site and service. If you wish to opt out, please email us at [email protected].
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We have features where you can submit information to us (such as when contacting us with a question or feedback). We may retain your emails and other information you submit to us for our internal purposes, and to help us to serve you better. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of applying for services or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- We may offer features where you can send information to others, such as e-cards or “Tell A Friend” features. We will use the contact information you enter for your friends to send the email or e-card.
- Our site may offer interactive and community features, such as message boards, comments. All information posted or sent through these features may be publicly available, and you should be aware that when you voluntarily disclose personal information (e.g., user name, email address, phone number) through these features, that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited communications from other people. By accessing these features and disclosing personal information, you affirmatively consent to the distribution of your personal information as described above. Users’ posts may be publicly and/or internally associated with their profiles/screen-names. Users are solely responsible for the content of messages they post or send on public forums.
AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). If you would like to learn more about this practice or find out how you can opt out from allowing these companies to gather this information or use it to display targeted ads, please visit the NAI’s website at Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
The information we collect automatically includes personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails, forums, user portal, or otherwise, may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
Most common web browsers today, such as Firefox and Internet Explorer, allow you to modify your settings to block cookies entirely, alert you every time they are being sent, or allow their use by only those web sites you choose. You can also delete cookies that are currently stored on your computer’s hard drive. To do this within Firefox or Internet Explorer, go to Tools, then Options or Internet Options, and then choose the Privacy tab to make your selections. If you choose to disable cookies, certain features on our web site may not be available or work properly.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. Also, please note that if you disable/delete all cookies stored on your computer, you will have also disabled the cookies that are used by NAI to help prevent you from receiving unwanted advertising from third party ad networks. If you do not want this to happen, please make sure not to disable/delete the NAI cookie or add NAI to the approved list of sites from whom you allow/accept cookies. Through the use of web logs or log files, we may also gather information such as the date, time, browser type, navigation history, and IP address of all visitors to our site. We use this information for our internal security audit log, trend analysis, and system administration, and to gather broad demographic information about our user base. We may associate this information with your personal information. By visiting our site, you affirmatively consent to our collection, use, and distribution of your data.
WITH WHOM YOUR INFORMATION IS SHARED
We may share your information with other third parties with whom we have business relationships and, in some cases, we cannot control or know their privacy practices. By visiting our site, you affirmatively consent to our collection, use, and distribution of your data.
Other than as set forth in this policy, we do not share your personally identifiable information with other companies, We will also disclose information we maintain when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena or other legal obligation, in response to a law enforcement agency’s request, or in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property. You should also be aware that courts of equity, such as U.S. Bankruptcy Courts, may have the authority under certain circumstances to permit your information to be shared or transferred to third parties without your permission.
We may share (provide and receive) aggregate information, which is not personally identifiable, with others. This information may include demographic data such as the gender and/or geographic location of groups of users, but it will not include personal information (such as your name or email address). We use aggregate demographic information about our audience in order to improve our service, for research purposes, marketing/promotional purposes and/or for industry reporting purposes, among others.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- For any sweepstakes or promotional offers we may offer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email us at [email protected]
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
ACCEPTANCE OF POLICY
We may provide links to other sites that we do not control. We are not responsible for those other sites, their privacy policies or how they treat information about their users, and we advise you to check their privacy policies.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please feel free to contact us at: [email protected].