Looking for the Best Laptops For Emulators, you’ve come to the right place. Emulators are in high demand nowadays as they help game developers and IT support staff to test any device remotely or in different environments. An emulator is a program that allows a host computer to mimic or emulate the performance of a distant computer, called the guest.
Best Laptops For Emulators in 2020
- ASUS ROG G531GT-BI7N6
- Acer Predator Helios 300
- MSI GS65 Stealth Thin-051
- Omen by HP 2018
- ASUS ROG G531GT
- Omen by HP 2019
- ASUS ROG Zephyrus
Emulators have many potential benefits since you do not need to purchase every kind of machine or OS to test a new game or app you are developing. If you are training to become an app developer or an IT help expert and want to work with your clients remotely, then knowing about the best laptops for emulators will help you buy a laptop that can support such activity.
In a Hurry? The test winner after 30 hours of research
1. ASUS ROG G531GT-BI7N6
Intel Hexa-Core i7-9750H Up to 4.5GHz
8GB DDR4, 512GB SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
The Asus ROG GU501 is one of the best VR-ready laptops for gamers with fantastic sound quality. It comes with Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 graphic card to enhance your gaming experience. ROG GU501 comes with intel core i7 processing power.
Related Post: Top 5 USB Foot Pedal for Gaming 2020 | Guides For Gamer
- Asus ROG GU501 supports Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card.
- RGB keyboard backlight of ASUS ROG GU501 is entirely customizable.
- The 15.6”, 1080p screen display has a thin bezel which delivers brilliant HD display.
- It comes with the latest Intel Core i7-8750H Processor.
- ROG GU501 includes three USB 3.0 and one Thunderbolt 3 ports along with a Kensington security slot.
In terms of features and performance, The Asus ROG GU501 is quite similar to the ROG Zephyrus M GM501. It has a sturdy black aluminium body and a 1080p screen. This model has two parallel legs situated at the back that help to raise the system and allow extra heat to escape.
The laptop has a thin chassis and hosts multiple ports. The 15.6-inch screen isn’t too bright and vivid. The machine is VR-ready which means it can be used to play games at optimum settings.
Although, the machine does not has a proper exhaust vent. However, it does not quickly heat up and stays cool in extreme temperatures. It comes with a 720p webcam which can be used for everyday video chats.
- The laptop is light-weight and has a super sleek aluminium body
- Excellent sound quality without any distortion
- Brilliant processing power
- It can easily support mid-range graphic cards
- The RGB keyboard is customizable
- The size of the touchpad is quite short, and therefore, you might need to use a separate mouse for performing more complex tasks
- The battery charge for The Asus ROG GU501 does not last very long
- Windows 10NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB dedicated graphics;...
2. Acer Predator Helios 300
GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB
16GB DDR4, 256GB NVMe SSD
The design and body of Helios 300 resemble the previous Acer predator models. However, the design of this model is more sleek and futuristic. Acer Predator Helios 300 is packed with Nvidia GTX 1060 graphic card and intel core i7 processing power.
- Acer Predator Helios 300 has a sturdy black aluminium body with some parts made of premium.
- It comes with intel’s core i7 processor and processes software and games with ease.
- Acer Helios 300 features PredatorSense which enable you to view and adjust the temperature of CPU & GPU.
- Helios 300 comes with a 15.16” HD display and has a customizable backlit keyboard.
- The size of the touchpad is not too small and can be easily used in place of a mouse.
The sound quality is excellent and the DOLBY speakers provide better sound quality. Powered by the Intel Core i7-7700HQ fast quad-core processor and NVidia’s GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, the base model of Helios 300 comes with 12GB of RAM.
This model also features the PredatorSense which is used to view the temperatures of the GPU & CPU and adjust their fan speeds. Helios 300 has custom made metal fans which prevent the system from heating up and offer better airflow. A fully charged battery lasts about three to four hours.
Overall, it has brilliant processing power, and PredatorSense is a great addition. The chassis of the laptop is strong and sturdy. The metal lid along with the keyboard deck gives a super sleek look, and the screen bezels are well designed and are light-weight.
The machine weighs around 5.1 pounds. The laptop looks neither too slim or thick. Therefore, it doesn’t feel too heavy and is light enough to be easily carried around compared to other best laptops for emulators. If you have low budget and look for Chromebooks so must visit Best Chromebooks under 300.
- Helios 300 has a high performing computing system for emulation work
- Full HD display
- Helios 300 comes with a customizable backlit keyboard
- It is less expensive as compared to other models with the GTX 1060
- There is no support for Thunderbolt 3
- Only a single Type-C USB 3.1 port is included
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7 9750H 6 Core Processor (Up to...
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Graphics with 6GB of dedicated...
3. MSI GS65 Stealth Thin-051
Gaming Laptop GTX 1060 6G
i7-8750H 6 Core
16GB RAM, 256GB SSD
The MSI GS65 Stealth Thin-051 is a powerful light-weight and portable VR ready laptop. MSI GS65 comes in a matte black and gold body with the MSI logo places in the middle of the laptop’s lid.
It comes with an Intel Core i7 processor and a 16GB RAM. Powered by the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Max-Q, MSI GS65 Stealth Thin-051 is a sleek and stylish budget laptop.
- MSI GS65 features intel core i7 processor and comes with 16 GB RAM that delivers an excellent processing speed.
- Nvidia’s Max-Q technology is what makes this machine sleek and thin.
- GS65 MSI comes with a palm rejection feature that prevents accidental touches.
- It features a SteelSeries gaming keyboard which is light-weight, and comfortable to use.
- It comes with a backlit keyboard with over 16 million different RGB colour options.
MSI GS65 comes with different configurations and storage. If you are looking for a super thin and powerful laptop, then you can select one according to your needs and interests. The MSI GS65 Stealth Thin-051 model comes with a 1920 x 1080 HD screen and 16GB RAM. It uses a GTX 1060 graphic card and intel core i7 processor and delivers excellent performance.
It has a 15.6” display and a webcam of the standard 720p resolution. The laptop’s display is rotatable, which is extremely useful for meetings or presentations. The latest Intel Core i7-8750H processor powers the system and the IPS screen refreshes at a rate of 144Hz with a response time of 7ms. The laptop comes with long battery life and is VR-Ready.
- The touchpad is glass coated and comes with a special palm rejection feature to prevent accidental touches
- The screen brightness is backed by MSI True Color 2.0 which makes emulation gaming easy
- Rotatable display
- The three fan MSI cooler boost system prevents the laptop from heating up
- It comes with single USB-C port
- Display: 15.6" FHD, 4.9mm Ultra Thin Bezel Anti-Glare Wide...
- Processor: New Intel Core i7-8750H 2.2 - 4.1GHz (6 Cores)
4. Omen by HP 2018
Intel i7-8750H Processor
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
32 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD
The HP Omen 15 is a powerful Max-Q laptop with a 15.6” vibrant 144-Hz display. It comes with intel core i7 processor. Moreover, it features Nvidia GeForce GTX graphics which make it one of the best laptops for emulators.
- It features Intel Core i7 processor and Nvidia GeForce GTX graphic, and the base model has 16GB RAM and 256GB SSD.
- It comes with a comfortable RGB backlit keyboard.
- It has a thick plastic body, and the entire laptop weighs around 5.4 pounds.
- It has a 15.6” HD 1080p panel that delivers excellent display and enhances the gaming experience.
Different versions of this laptop come with different configurations and the price increases accordingly. It features HP’s Omen 15’s has a 15.6” HD 1080p panel which shows vibrant, saturated colors with a refresh rate of 144-Hz.
Top Gaming Laptops: Toshiba Gaming Laptops 2020 | Depth Review & Guides
The Network Booster helps users to prioritize bandwidth use, whereas the Lighting tab is used to change the backlight settings of the keyboard. Users can also control the following performance settings:
- Comfort mode
- Default mode
- Performance mode
Unlike other similar laptops mentioned in the list, Omen 15 lasts for a maximum of only 3 hours. It comes with a one-year brand warranty. Hp’s Omen 15 is a good option for those who prefer both; looks and performance. It has a great HD display with decent sound quality. However, the speakers are most likely to distort at high volumes.
- Four-zone backlighting
- Customizable backlight
- Nvidia GeForce GTX graphics card included
- Brilliant processing speed
- Not enough battery life
- Cutting-edge gaming performance: play The latest games,...
- Super Fast Processor: 8th Generation intel(r) core(tm)...
5. Lenovo Ideapad L340 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i5-9300H Processor
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
8GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB Nvme SSD
Lenovo’s L340 is an affordable and powerful laptop which is extremely versatile and scalable. The Lenovo IdeaPad L340 is a great mid-level, budget laptop. Powered by Intel Core i5 9300H Processor and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650. Lenovo IdeaPad L340 is available in 15” and 17” IPS HD display.
- L340 offers full HD display with its 15.6” 1920×1080 screen.
- With its IPS display, you get vibrant, saturated colors.
- It features Intel Core i5 processor and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 graphic card.
- Ideapad L340 features a real webcam shutter.
- It comes with the latest Dolby Audio technology and delivers brilliant audio quality for the supreme gaming experience.
Lenovo’s IdeaPad L340 offers the exceptional sound quality, performance, and graphics. You can use it at work, school or home. It comes with the latest Dolby Audio™ technology that offers crystal clear and powerful audio for movies, games, online video, etc.
Its webcam can be used for everyday video chats. The most powerful feature of the laptop is probably its TrueBlock Privacy switch. You can use it to close the webcam for added security manually. Unlike most of the laptops mentioned in the list, IdeaPad L340 comes with a long battery life of 9.5 hours.
You can charge your laptop in less than an hour through the Rapid Charge option. It is powered by Intel’s Core i5 processor and can be used for office work or entertainment purposes. It has a 15.6” FHD display and 8 GB memory and 512 GB SSD.
Overall, Lenovo Ideapad L340 performs amazingly well with its 1080p full HD resolution, the main highlight of the Lenovo’s IdeaPad L340 is its vibrant and crisp picture, different viewing angles, and anti-glare screen. The IPS panel refreshes at a rate of 60Hz, which is quite low.
- IPS HD display
- GTX 1650 GPU
- Amazing and fast performance
- Dolby Audio technology for the excellent sound experience
- Backlit keyboard
- The base model RAM is only 8GB
- 4K support is not available
- A new dimension of gaming performance awaits - with...
- Take it to the next level - with the latest NVIDIA GeForce...
6. ASUS TUF FX504 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-8750H Processor
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
16GB DDR4, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD
As compared to other entry-level laptops that offer the same features and functions, Asus TUF FX504 is less expensive and affordable. Powered by the 8th Generation Intel Core i5 Processor and GTX 1050 graphics, one can easily use it in both low and medium display settings.
- ASUS TUF FX504 is an excellent gaming laptop as it features an intel core i5 processor and GTX 1050 graphic card.
- It features mid-quality speakers, and the sound quality is crystal clear
- The keyboard backlight is stunning, and the keyboard itself is also available in red
- ASUS TUF FX504 features a ventilation system, which is simple yet efficient and keeps the machine cool under heavy loads.
The laptop has a low SSHD storage, and the 1080p display isn’t too vibrant and bright. Nevertheless, it is an excellent elementary level laptop that can be used for both personal and professional use. The body and overall design of the laptop aren’t too stunning or stylish. It is made of plastic and aluminum-like materials.
It weighs around 5.1, but it is not a sleek looking machine. It is quite thicker than other laptops of a similar price range. The laptop include the power and a headphone jack, an Ethernet port, a USB 2.0 port, two USB 3.0 ports, and one Kensington security lock slot.
The laptop’s 15.6” 1080p HD display is probably its only drawback. It is dim and dull. The colors don’t look bright and vibrant, which is a must-have in the best laptops for emulators. The speaker quality is good, and its ventilation system is quite simple yet efficient. It keeps the machine cool under heavy loads. The 720p web camera is not too impressive either. It can be used for daily live chats. However, the colors don’t appear too bright or vivid.
- The sound quality is excellent and makes game emulation a lot of fun
- Amazing ventilation system
- Can be used for both personal and professional use
- There is a cutout on the lid from which the status lights are visible
- The keyboard is not available in full RGB lighting
- Windows 10 Home
- Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
7. Razer Blade 15
8th Gen Intel Core i7-8750H 6 Core
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Max-Q
16GB RAM – 256GB SSD + 2TB HDD
The base model of Razer Blade 15 gives a powerful performance and a long-lasting battery in a top-quality, attractive chassis. Although it is primarily marketed as a gaming laptop, however, it can be used for various other applications. Earlier it was only available with a GeForce RTX 2060. However, it is now offered in a more budget-friendly version.
- It has a sleek black metal body which weighs around 5 pounds.
- Razer Blade 15 features GeForce RTX 2060 graphic card and Intel Core i7 processor.
- It comes with a big touchpad and high-quality speakers.
- The Thunderbolt 3 port is available to connect two or more 4K monitors.
- It has a USB C port, an Ethernet port, and one Kensington security lock slot.
Like any other elementary level laptops available in this price range, the laptop’s 1080p display is not too bright or vibrant. The Razer Blade 15 comes in two Base and Advanced models. The base model of Blade 15 is powered by a 60Hz display with a 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H processor and GeForce GTX 1660.
As the laptop is available in different configurations, the more advanced version features a 144Hz display and 256GB SSD. It has a sleek black metal body which weighs around 5 pounds. It comes with a big touchpad and high-quality speakers.
The laptop comes with two different display options. The first one comes with a 60Hz, whereas the 144Hz refers rate is more appropriate for playing games. Although the 144Hz panel is not too bright or vibrant, it is designed to handle everyday workloads.
- Less expensive in comparison to the previous model
- Sleek-looking aluminum body and light-weight
- GeForce RTX 2060 graphic card & Core i7 processor
- It comes with a Thunderbolt 3 port and an Ethernet port
- Long-lasting battery
- The 144Hz panel is not too bright or vibrant
- DISPLAY: 15.6” Full HD edge-to-edge display (4.9mm...
- GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Max-Q Design VR Ready...
8. ASUS ROG G531GT -BI7N6
Intel Hexa-Core i7-9750H Up to 4.5GHz
8GB DDR4, 512GB SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
ASUS ROG G531GT is another best laptops for emulators from its ROG series. It comes with a 15” bright ultra HD display with a 120HZ refresh rate. ROG G531GT is packed with GTX 1650 and i7 processor.
- ASUS ROG G531GT features an 8th Generation Intel Core i7 processor and GeForce GTX 1650.
- It comes with Windows 10 and 16 GB memory.
- ROG G531GT features over stroke technology with n-key rollover to prevent typing errors.
- It features RGB lighting, and it is present under the laptop’s keyboard and body.
Overall, the performance of ASUS ROG G531GT is terrific. ROG G531GT is visually stunning. It is not too heavy in weight as the entire exterior of the laptop is made of premium quality plastic. One major drawback of the laptop is the fact that there is no webcam.
Moreover, unlike other similar models with similar features and price range, the ASUS ROG G531GT doesn’t offer an external webcam.
The sound quality of the speakers is surprisingly good. Already there are two simple slits on both sides of the system from where the sound comes out. Too much bass may sound too loud at times. Moreover, an equalizer can be used to boost the vocal profile.
Overall, the laptop runs on a mid-level graphics card; the visuals are crisp and aren’t too dull. However, you might need to lower down your screen resolution to maximize its performance. It comes with two fans for better air ventilation and keeps the system cool.
- The 15” HD display is sleek and sturdy
- There are two openings for air ventilation at the back
- The touchpad is large
- The left and right-click buttons are also very responsive
- No webcam is available in this model
- All major ports are located on the laptop’s left side
- Windows 10NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB dedicated graphics;...
9. Dell i5575-A217SLV
AMD Ryzen 5
Radeon Vega8 Graphics – 8GB Memory
1TB Hard Drive
The Dell Inspiron 15 5575 i5575-A217SLV-PUS is an economical elementary level laptop. It is powered by Ryzen 5 2500u and has 8GB RAM and 1TB internal storage space with Vega 8 Graphics card.
- It features AMD Ryzen 5 2500U processor with Radeon Vega8 graphic card and delivers a terrific gaming experience.
- Dell i5575-A217SLV features a hard drive of 1 TB, which is double as compared to other best laptops for emulators.
- The system’s RAM can be increased by 16GB.
- It features LED fingerprint reader for added security.
- The OS is Windows 10 and is ideal for various types of applications.
The laptop comes with a 15.6” FHD screen and an anti-glare 1920 x 1080 resolution. It facilitates the Dell Cinema, and CinemaStream provides studio-grade visuals and sound quality. Keeping its price range in mind, the laptop’s display is also good.
The laptop is quite thin and light-weight and gives you a smooth performance without any glitches in various temperatures. With a sleek metallic body, it looks stunning and stylish.
Despite being light-weight and having a sleek design, it has a sturdy and durable body. The keyboard is comfortable to use and comes with a backlight. The keypad is removable, and the system supports multiple ports.
The Ryzen 5 processor and powerful graphics and Dell Cinema feature make this laptop perfect for viewing videos, playing games, doing office work, etc. The screen resolution is decent; however, the quality isn’t the same when viewing the screen from different angles.
The battery life is short and lasts for a maximum of 3.5 hours. Users can adjust the brightness settings of the laptop’s screen or switch off their keyboard backlight for improved battery life.
- High-quality AMD hardware
- Comes with an M.2 SSD slot
- Provision to upgrade the system
- It comes with a full HD display
- Has a slightly sluggish hard disk drive
- Amd Ryzen 5 2500U mobile Processor with Radeon Vega8...
- 8GB 2400MHz DDR4[32GB], (additional memory sold separately)
10. Acer Aspire 3
AMD Ryzen 3 2200U
Radeon Vega 3 Graphics
1TB Hard Drive 8GB DDR4 Memory
Aspire 3 comes with AMD Ryzen 3 2200U processor and Radeon Vega3 graphic card. Acer’s Aspire 3 has a large 15.6” HD display. It is an entry-level budget laptop that comes with 1 TB hard drive.
- Acer Aspire 3 features AMD Ryzen 3 2200U processor that delivers brilliant processing power.
- It features a Vega3 graphic card and delivers a terrific gaming experience.
- Aspire three features a large touchpad that removes the need for using a separate mouse.
- Acer Aspire-3 features built-in windows ten and comes with 1 TB hard drive.
- It features a long-lasting battery and delivers 6-hours of battery time.
The hinges used to hold the screen are strong and sturdy and prevent the display from shaking when adjusting various angles. Acer’s Aspire 3 is a powerful budget laptop and is powered by the 8th-Generation Intel Core i5 processor. The screen display quality is below average, and the battery life is short.
Overall, Acer Aspire-3 performs amazingly well and can handle heavy games and software. The touchpad of the laptop is quite flimsy, and the chassis is made of premium plastic. Its major drawback is probably its low quality 15.6” display with poor viewing angles.
- Vega graphics offers impressive visuals
- Brilliant processing power
- It has a comfortable keyboard
- Sleek and light-weight body
- The screen resolution is a bit low
- The touchpad is light and flimsy
- The model does not feature any USB Type-C ports
11. Omen by HP 2019
9th Gen Intel i7-9750H
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q (8 GB)
16 GB RAM, 512 GB Solid-State Drive
The Omen by HP 2019 is available with a 9th Gen Intel i7-9750H chip. A thin and light notebook with an upgradable memory, it is probably one of the best laptops for emulators by HP. It comes with a 15.6-inch anti-glare micro-edge WLED-backlit display screen (1920×1080).
It operates on Windows 10 Home and has a long-lasting battery, with a power supply of up to 13 hrs and 15 minutes. It is also a VR ready laptop, but you have to buy the equipment separately.
- It features a 9th generation Intel Core i7 processor and delivers impressive performance.
- Omen by HP features full HD IPS anti-glare micro-edge WLED-backlit display that reduces strain on your eyes.
- HP Omen features a virtual reality, and it’s VR-ready laptop.
- It is designed to facilitate easy maintenance and to upgrade with single panel access for RAM, SSD, and HDD.
- It comes with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q 8 GB that delivers crisp and vibrant graphics.
The new Omen by HP 2019 comes with a 9th Gen Intel Core processor for optimal performance and speed. Its NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q graphics card adds to the efficiency and gives a realistic experience with cutting-edge graphics.
It possesses a 16 GB RAM capacity that is easy to upgrade. It comes with 802.11b/g/n/ac & Bluetooth 5 and digital media card reader. It also has a built-in webcam for added convenience for conferencing, video chatting, etc.
With the Omen 15-dc1060nr laptop series, HP has upgraded its game and provides some of the best laptops for emulators to simulate any other different operating system. It gives you a supreme quality gaming experience with cutting edge graphics. It allows you to work with less strain on eyes with its full HD IP anti-glare display screen of 15.6-inches.
It gives maximum performance with a 6-core 9th Gen Intel i7-9750H processor. It has a moderate battery life, giving you the power of up to 13 hrs and 15 minutes. This laptop is also VR ready, but you must buy the needed equipment separately.
- 9th Gen Intel Core i7 processor for an amazing performance
- Thin and light-weight body
- Long battery life
- Convenient upgrades
- Consumes less power and less heat with Max-Q design
- One year hardware warranty
- Anti-ghosting support
- Average webcam picture quality
- Heats up quickly
- Hyper-realistic graphics: NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) RTX 2070 with...
- OMEN command center: Easily turn up your performance with...
12. ASUS ROG Zephyrus
Intel Core i7-9750H
16GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB PCIe SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
The ROG Zephyrus by ASUS is ultra-slim and easy to carry around, making it convenient to work while on the move. It runs on an Intel Core i7 processor for maximum performance. It comes with a Windows 10 Home OS. With three cooling fan modes, it possesses an intelligent cooling system, making it one of the best laptops for emulators to work at long stretches.
- ASUS ROG Zephyrus features NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q 8 GB and delivers impressive graphics.
- It comes with the 9th Generation Intel i7 hexacore processor that delivers improved performance as compared to other laptops in this list of best laptops for emulators.
- ROG Zephyrus features a 15.6-inch full HD IPS type Pantone validated display screen with 240 Hz.
- It features a Smart cooling system with adjustable mode fans of 12V.
- Zephyrus features an RGB keyboard with Aura Sync System.
The ASUS ROG Zephyrus, slim and easy to carry, weighs only 4.4 pounds. It has a 9th Gen Intel Core i7 Hexa-core processor for maximum efficiency. A memory of 16 GB DDR4 RAM and 1 TB PCIe SSD adds to the effectiveness of this laptop.
Its metal chassis further increases its durability and portability. This laptop provides smooth and crisp visuals with a 15.6 inch IPS Type Pantone Validated display screen combined with 6.2 mm slim bezels for the best visual experience.
All in all, this laptop is easy to carry, weighing only 4.4 pounds. It provides you with maximum performance as one of the best laptops for emulators with the 9th Gen Intel Core i7 Hexa-core processor.
The 15.6 inch IPS Type Pantone Validated screen provides supreme visuals. Enhanced fans with adjustable modes provide an efficient cooling process for usage of long hours. This laptop is fitted with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q 8GB GDDR6 and delivers enhanced performance.
- Light-weight and easy to carry
- Fantastic performance with 9th Gen Intel i7 Hexa-core processor
- RGB keyboard with the Aura sync system
- Phenomenal visual display
- Speedy SSD
- Highly durable metal body
- Large size bezel
- Low battery life
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q 8GB GDDR6 (Base 1080 MHz Boost...
- Latest 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750H Hexa-core Processor
A Buyer’s Guide to Choosing the Best Laptops for Emulators
Having the best laptops for emulators to choose from can be a challenge, especially when you want to use them for a challenging and exciting task like emulation. There is no shortage of models in the market ranging from the complex ones to the relatively simpler laptops. The critical question is how to limit your options and focus on the ones that best suit your needs.
This buyer’s guide offers you a simple list of criteria that you should bear in mind when evaluating which laptop to buy. Whether you want to be a game developer or a professional gamer, or even an IT support professional, you will find this guide extremely useful and handy.
The first thing you need to ask yourself before buying an emulator laptop is what you want to use it for. Emulator laptops are used by many different professionals, such as game and app developers, IT support staff, or by the people who want to use their laptops more productively.
Whatever your reason for wanting to buy an emulator laptop, you need to understand that different machines and configurations will work for different people.
So make sure that you clearly define the specific use you want to put your laptop to. It will help you select the right machine that you need.
- Time to set up
In some cases, setting up an in-built laptop is more complex and time-consuming rather than downloading one from the Web. You need to determine how much time you are willing to spend in setting up your emulator laptop.
If you want to use your laptop to test a large number of games, then think about the multiple setups you will need to do. However, if you are a developer, then this might not be a big problem for you as the productivity of the in-built emulator is quite good.
Your budget will tell you basically how much you should be spending on an emulator laptop. For example, is this your first purchase or a second one? Are you a basic user or an advanced user, or a professional?
If you are just starting, then you should set a maximum limit of $500 as you can easily get a functional emulator laptop under this price. More advanced users should set a higher limit, such as $800. Professionals can further raise the ceiling according to their budget and expected ROI.
- Operating System
You also need to ask yourself which OS you need to work on. Typically, Windows 10 is the commonly used OS on these laptops, and it works well with different kinds of apps and games you might want to test.
However, if you feel that a different OS is recommended within your professional community or you feel more comfortable with a different type of OS, then you can explore other laptops on the market.
You could go for an open-source OS or even other proprietary ones like Mac or Chrome if you think the best laptops for emulators need more functionality.
You want to test your new app or game on as many devices as you want. The emulator will help you with that. But, you also want a laptop that gives you incredible graphics quality. Whether you wish for NVIDIA graphics or Vega8 graphics depends on your required use.
The resolution of your screen is another factor. You should look at an option that gives you the maximum productivity by minimizing the time it takes you to test your app and game in different environments thoroughly. The more carefully you think about these questions, the better laptops you will identify at this stage.
Security is another crucial question that you should ask the vendor when comparing different devices for emulator work. Especially if you intend to connect with different clients, then having a robust security setup will help you assure them that you are a responsible professional.
Go for the minimum but high performing tools such as an antivirus program, malware security program, and a VPN protector. If you settle for the bare minimum at the time of purchase, you have the option of downloading the programs later when you have the budget to spend on them.
Simply bear in mind that you should never connect to another device if you do not have a security system in place.
- Screen resolution
In general, the standard screen resolution that is used for emulation purposes is 1920 x 1080 pixels. Even though you can opt for more sophisticated resolutions, it would not serve the purpose. Most of the guest devices that will be running your apps and games would be standard devices with the same screen resolution.
It makes no sense for you to test these apps in an environment other than where they are most likely to be used. However, if you are working on an app for a client with particular resolution requirements, then you should look for a laptop that offers that functionality.
- Processing speed
It goes without saying that speed is an essential factor in the success of the best laptops for emulators. Hence, your laptop should also be able to mirror the speed levels of the guest devices. This means that you need to look at the type of processor that your target devices will be running.
For instance, are you developing apps to be run on Intel Corer i7 devices or a Ryzen processor? You will get the best results if you test your apps on a laptop that resembles the processor type of the consumer’s device.
To Wrap Up
Whichever of the best laptops for emulators you choose for emulation purposes, you need to ensure that it meets the minimum requirements of your profession. If you are just starting, then it is preferable to go for a basic laptop that offers the necessary functionality at a reasonable price.
- Top 8 Cheap Gaming laptops under 200$ | Reviews | Buyer Guides
- Latest 8 Best 2 in 1 Laptops under 1000 Dollars 2020
- Top 8 Best 2 in 1 laptops under 600$ in 2020
As you advance, you can invest in high-performance models that will help you become more proficient at your task. Security is the most critical issue, and you should never compromise on that when purchasing any laptop for an emulator.